What are the Main Importance of Backlinks in SEO?
Simply put, backlinks are the inbound links that lead viewers directly to your blog or website. When properly utilized, backlinks can become the building blocks to the most effective search engine optimization. The number of backlinks you generate will determine the popularity of your website in search engines. Your Backlinks Determine How High Your Web Contents Get Indexed in Search engines such as Google. Learning how to generate quality backlinks for seo can be tricky. Google uses search spiders to index websites based on the quality of backlinks they have. When you build good quality backlinks, your contents get indexed on search engines, you drive more quality traffic to your website.
What makes a quality backlink?
Before you even think about building links, you need to know what kind of links Google is looking for. Here are a some key factors you must keep in mind if you want to build high quality backlinks:
- Domain Authority
The higher the domain authority, the greater the value of a backlink.
Let’s say you have an e-commerce store that sells car parts. A link from a blog about styling wigs is going to have significantly less value in Google’s eyes, than one from a auto blog.
- Anchor Text
When SEOs found out that anchor text affects your ranking, they started to keyword stuff. Nobody enjoys keyword stuffing. Especially search engines. If you generate a backling with your keyword in the anchor text, that’s a quality link!
The presence of inbound links indicates the relevance and importance of your website. Top search engines such as Google will give more credit to websites that are endorsed by other websites, and the only way to other websites will endorse yours if they post links to your website on theirs. This means your website will be considered more relevant than other websites in the search query. The search engine will consider the quality of contents on the websites in relation to the inbound links, hence backlinks alone do not generate top page results on search engines.
The use of short and long keywords
If search engines find quality backlinks that lead to wrong contents, then your search engine ranking will remain low. One can achieve a better result with inbound links, through the proper placement of links within the contents on web pages. Backlinks that are deliberately placed in the middle of sentences are important in SEO because the content is subjected to having them linked. Backlinks placed in the middle of sentences are referred to as “contextual backlinks.” These links are more conscious and they are directly related to the topics and keywords on web pages. Hence they produce higher ranks than random inbound links.
Your Backlinks that are added abruptly to web pages will not make any meaningful impact. Search engines normally consider, however, those natural backlinks that are added slowly over a period of time. Search engines know that it can be difficult to get quality backlinks from other websites. The criteria they use in rating backlinks has even become stricter than ever. Website owners are now using dubious methods to get links from websites that are totally unrelated to their web content. There are automated websites that are specifically set up to generate backlinks through deceptive means. Usually referred to as “farm-links.” Farm- links can help website owners get traffic for a while. But search engines quickly realize how low their pages are ranked.
How to generate quality backlinks for seo?
There are basically 5 smart ways how to generate quality backlinks for SEO.
- Guest blogging – Submit quality contents to related websites and link the contents back to your website.
- Using public relations tactics such as press releases.
- Fixing broken links and re-using them Sky-scrapping – searching for abandoned contents and rewriting them with your embedded page links
- Making use of resource links. Such as directories.
- Article Marketing. Article marketing is always one of the best and most effective ways to generate quality backlinks to your website or blog.
- Social Networking Site Profile. Another important method that you are going to want to use when you are looking to generate the best backlinks would be the right social networking site profile. A lot of social networking sites have a very high page rank which will help boost your site’s rankings overall. This is one of the easiest ways to get valuable backlinks because a lot of the websites even allow you to add links to your website or even other websites in your profile.
- Commenting. Another excellent way to generate some of the highest quality backlinks to your website would be through blog or website comments. While a lot of people might question whether or not this makes a big difference, it can pay huge dividends if you do it correctly. Even though you do not want to go and spam all kinds of blogs or websites by commenting and linking to your website with your comments, you will want to utilize this method in a natural way to build your links and site authority.